Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thoughts on American Idol Top 6 Result Show

Ok so this is my first post ever on American Idol. I’ve been following this show since day one, but finally I’m tickled to write one post regarding it now..
To begin with, what a shocking elimination on American Idol last night! I mean, I would never have thought that Carly is the one who’s gonna go. Overall, I genuinely thought that her performance was good. Yes, it was screechy in parts, but I think she pulled it off. And she definitely was having fun. So I was sure that it would be either Jason Castro or Brooke White who was going home last night. Jason struggled throughout his performance -well, he was ill so it’s understandable- and Brooke was an awkward disaster when she decided to start all over again. So although they are two of my favorite contestants, I genuinely believed that one of them was going to head home that night. But it turned out to be Carly. Maybe it’s the song choice. I mean JCS is indeed an upbeat song, but as a Christian I personally find the lyrics and the whole idea of the musical to be unsettling. Maybe some of the people who watch the show felt the same way too. Maybe. I dunno..
But anyhow, despite the elimination and the controversy thing. The result show was really fun to watch last night. Some of the highlights was when Ryan kissed Simon gently on his head and pretended like it didn’t mean a thing, while Simon Cowell looked at Ryan like it DID mean a thing. Well I’m sure it didn’t mean a thing, Simon. Then there’s a part where ALW gave his suggestion of love song that he should write about Paula-Simon relationship:
  1. “Time to Say Goodbye”
  2. “How Can I Say I Miss You If You Weren’t Going Away”
That was hilarious. I like the second one better though!
But the major highlights have to come from Jason Castro. I have to say that he made it an interesting show to watch last night with his laid-back attitude. The yawning part in the backstage when other contestants were clearly anxious when waiting for the announcement. And the part where he fell on his kness when finding out that Syesha was the one on the bottom two, not Brooke. The ‘train motion choo-choo’ impersonation. And to cap it off: the ‘I don’t really want to sing right now’.. That was amusing.. And although I’m pretty sure that he thought that he was gonna be the one who went home last night -well I did too!-, at least he wasn’t all that stressed up about it. Sometimes, what makes American Idol a tense show to watch is because of the facial expressions of the contestants which reveal how stressed they are. But watching Jason Castro last night was refresing.
Btw, I like the way Carly left on high note. I'm sure that she'll find success in the future with that big voice of her. And I hope David Cook will be the one who win the whole thing, not the other David..

No comments:

Post a Comment